Healing Disorganized Attachment Series
This collection of eight webinars explores some of the factors that lead to disorganized attachment styles, and how we might use resonance and embodied self-warmth to re-pattern and heal ourselves from developmental trauma and disorganized attachment wounds.
Disorganized attachment is the traumatic, unpredictable outcome of having been raised by care-givers who are sometimes avoidant, and sometimes ambivalent in their attachment style, along with other extreme traumas such as physical and sexual abuse, neglect, substance abuse and more.
This series includes eight sessions where Sarah leads you through a full series about healing disorganized attachment, including:
- Trauma, Dissociation and Empathy: If you're curious about the experience of dissociation and how resonance can help, look no further. Join Sarah Peyton to explore the ways in which trauma necessarily creates dissociated neural networks, and approaches to take in reclaiming those neural networks and their wisdom for the self.
- Healing from Sexual Abuse and Trauma: Research into the brain has revealed that sexual abuse and trauma leave a distinct footprint in our neural structure, and has simultaneously brought us tremendous hope through an understanding of how our brains heal with resonance. Join Sarah Peyton as she looks at what we know about what sexual abuse does to the brain and shares approaches to healing our sacred selves and our sexuality.
- Horrors of Neglect: One of the most difficult areas for healing is the experience of neglect. This webinar gives an overview of the brain and attachment, plus understanding the tasks of the right hemisphere in the first two years of life. Learners will receive a grounded understanding of the effects of neglect and a possible path to healing using resonance processes.
- Understanding Disgust and Contempt: Healing Self-hatred: Rarely acknowledged, but containing a wealth of wisdom, the emotions of disgust and contempt are key to understanding our experience of self-hatred. Join Sarah Peyton in holding disgust and contempt with warm curiosity, while looking at the neuroscience of self-hatred and the movement towards healing.
- Your Brain and 12 Step Programs: Ever wonder why 12-Step Programs can so effectively contribute to people's well-being? And why it can also be challenging for people to receive help from them? This webinar is about neuroscience and 12-Step Traditions, while slowing down for resonance along the way.
- Bringing the Body to Life: Opening the Door to Your Insula: How do we awaken and access the insula, the part of the brain that brings the body’s voice to life, and what are its many functions? Join Sarah Peyton to learn more about enlivening our being through an ongoing relationship with our body’s reader board, the insula.
- Monitoring the Growth of Secure Attachment: Human brains are capable of change and movement towards secure attachment, regardless of trauma or age. This webinar teaches us about the brain, rupture and repair, and forming secure bonds with ourselves and our children.
- Healing Disorganized Attachment: When trauma enters the family, the heartbeat of secure attachment is interrupted and disorganization comes into the scene. Join Sarah Peyton for an exploration of the journey of healing for any bubbles of traumatic attachment that may be floating around in your system.
Link to course(s)DISORGANIZED ATTACHMENT: Understanding and Healing with Empathy
Understanding Disgust and Contempt, and Healing Self-Hatred
Healing from Sexual Abuse and Trauma
Bringing the Body to Life – Opening the Door to your Insula
Horrors of Neglect
Trauma, Dissociation and Empathy
Your Brain and 12-Step Programs
Monitoring the Growth of Secure Attachment