Practitioner of Resonant Healing Training and Certification Program
Are you wondering how relational neuroscience can support your professional work? Sarah offers a certification path to support healing professionals in integrating the science and practice of resonance into their offerings.
Certified Practitioners of Resonant Healing will:
- Understand the healing power of resonant language.
- Discern resonant language from instrumental language, be able to identify shifts out of resonant language, have skills to support transparency when moving into instrumental language, and understand the path back to resonance.
- Have a working knowledge of the brain and nervous system, the emotional/ motivational circuits, recognize the support and integration that are needed, and use language to support lasting healing and stabilization.
- Understand how trauma affects the nervous systems and behaviours, including the inner critic, and how with resonant support we can calm the nervous system and support lasting change for the benefit of the person and their community.
- Recognize their own nervous system states and know how to soothe themselves and to have choice in engaging with other people. Develop and institute practices for self-care.
- They will be able to read systems (families, groups), be aware of spontaneous processes, and be able to navigate themselves and influence the group even when emotions are high • Understand how attachment styles influence relationships and what can help to rebuild inner resources and earn secure attachment. This is the foundation for developing healthy relationships.
- Know the limits of whom you can work with – the signs to refer to mental health specialists.
- Questions? Please connect with Sarah’s support team to discuss if this program is a good fit for you.
Module I & II: Working with Self through resonant processes:
- Resonant language with self
- Time Travel
- Somatic Empathy
- Empathy for the cells
- Resonance for the inner critic
- Unconscious contracts
- Resonance for parts
- Know the patterns of own reactivity, work with own window of tolerance
- Clearing self of story – Identifying, clearing
- Can receive empathy and resonance as well as offer it
- Understanding assimilation and internalized oppression
Module III & IV: Working with Others: Differentiation of self from other, including leading processes with clients:
Processes: (Same as Module 1, but working with others to hold these processes)
- Differentiation of self from other
- Window of welcome for client’s emotions
- Identifying left shift
- Skills for coming back from left shift
- Repairs for having shifted left
- Self-responsibility around support when we find our limited window of welcome
- Being able to receive and integrate feedback (clearing unconscious contracts and trauma that get in the way)
- Moving into dialogue at any moment Understanding consent
- Be aware of cultural and implicit bias
- Awareness of social location, privilege, what is dominant culture
- Awareness of multicultural environment
- Know how to do a repair, be aware of relational breaches and work to do a repair
- Know a little about what the field is that you carry and project
- Being able to include own body in the process
- Understand the difference between intention and impact
- Curiosity about the impact of actions on others
- Capacity to do a relational neuroscience assessment of a client
- To know one’s own yesses and no’s, and to be able to receive client’s “no’s”
In my early study of nonviolent communication and neuroscience, I was amazed and moved by how much sweetness and self-compassion was possible when I learned to connect to my body sensations, feelings and needs.
This work grew slowly inside of me into a nourishing, sturdy tree of self-warmth, helping me inch my branches toward myself and others with curiosity and kindness. I apprenticed for five years with Susan Skye (a psychologist, long-time NVC trainer, and creator of the groundbreaking New Depths Intensive Program) who pioneered the time-travel empathy process.
During that time, I became obsessed with understanding WHY and HOW this process worked. How could time-traveling back to a previous painful past experience actually heal us in the present? What is going on in the brain when we access feelings and needs, and bring warmth and understanding to our younger selves? And how do unconscious contracts fit into this picture?
As healing practitioners who hold space for others, we can only go as far with our clients as we can go with ourselves. This is why my practitioner program begins with a module that is purely focused on Self Resonance, and expanding our window of welcome and tolerance for ourselves (and therefore other’s) emotional experience. I’m excited to share what I’ve learned with you.
If you have questions about this program, inquiries about pre-requisites or how to prepare to apply for this program, please connect with Sarah’s support team and they’ll answer any questions you have.