One of the most difficult areas for healing is the experience of neglect. Part of the reason for this is that the brain regions that need to be active to hold ourselves with compassionate awareness for the mourning and healing process are left undeveloped when we are parented without attunement and resonance. Beginning with an overview of the brain, attachment, and the tasks of the right hemisphere in the first two years of life, this webinar provides a grounded understanding of the effects of neglect and a possible path to healing using resonance processes.
Join Sarah Peyton as she covers:
- Brief Review of the Brain and Attachment
- Implications of Neglect
- The Role of Implicit and Explicit Memory
- Characteristics of Adult Survivors of Neglect
- A Path to Healing: Empathy
- Questions and time for integration