Body Image and Welcoming Our Physical Selves
Systemic, both familial and societal, pressures, along with hyperfocus on either intellect or physical traits can drive us from connection with our bodies, and distort our view of ourselves. The journey from disconnection to reconnection with our bodies can be difficult, but it is supported and made smoother by knowledge of the brain and how we perceive ourselves. Join Sarah Peyton for an exploration into the relational neuroscience of body image and body connection.
This is primarily a learning and neuroscience content webinar, including a small number of actionable insights and healing process work. If you are seeking healing and resonance practice opportunities, please see Sarah’s upcoming courses here
Do you live in your mind? Have you lost touch with affection for your body? Have people told you that the way you see yourself and the way you are seen by others are two very different things? Are you sometimes bewildered by the toll that time and difficult experiences have taken on your physical being? Do you wonder how to find yourself again? The journey from disconnection to reconnection with our bodies can be difficult, but it is supported and made smoother by knowledge of the brain and how we perceive ourselves.
Join Sarah for this 90-minute webinar to explore the relational neuroscience of body image and the ways resonance can support us in seeing ourselves with warmth.
- This is an online zoom webinar that runs for 90-minutes with an optional 30 min Q&A.
- Purchase includes invitation to the live webinar and post-webinar access to access the recording + slides. The slides include research citations where relevant.
- This webinar is the January meeting of Sarah’s 2023 Neuroscience and Resonance monthly series.
- We are delighted to offer 1.5 CEU hours for psychologists and social workers for this course ($12 additional fee).
- Chicago Counseling Associates has been approved by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation to sponsor continuing education for social workers and psychologists. CCA maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Live attendance is required to receive CEUs.