- This event has passed.
Your Resonant Self Workbook: Chapter 9 – Moving away from Hurt, Disgust and Contempt toward Trust
June 30, 2022 @ 10:30 am - July 14, 2022 @ 12:00 pm PDTCost: $70
About the Event
The use of self-hate, disgust and contempt to manage emotions is an aftereffect of traumatic attachment, and so makes sense in the context of our lives. As we understand this, the root causes of the contracts made in disorganized attachment start to become clear. Jaak Panksepp’s linkage of predatory aggression with the SEEKING circuit helps to illuminate disorganization, and shows us an avenue for work. The dissolution of trauma-based contracts is supportive in working with outbreaks of violence and recurrent fights in partnership and parenting. The work we have done to this point in this series supports us in looking at these knots of trauma, and untangling them to move us toward well-being.
Join Sarah for two weeks, on June 30 and July 14, 2022, 10:30am-12:00pm Pacific Time. Part of an extended journey into Your Resonant Self Workbook, diving deep into chapter 9.
- This class meets via zoom
- Purchase includes an invitation to two live classes, and event access to download the recording and any materials.
- Part of The Your Resonant Self Extended Journey: A Yearlong Journey of Resonance and Unconscious Contracts
Join Sarah for this two-week deep dive into chapter 9 of Your Resonant Self Workbook, part of The Your Resonant Self Extended Journey: A Yearlong Journey of Resonance and Unconscious Contracts
These two sessions meet June 30 and July 14, 2022, from 10:30am – 12:00pm Pacific Time
convert to your time zone here
Online via Zoom. Sessions will be recorded for viewing in different time zones and for review, and for sale after the series is over.
Each class will include lectures, Q&A, discussion of exercises, demos, and personal explorations of the abilities and growth that make our brains good and comfortable places to be.
Purchase of this class does not include the purchase of the Your Resonant Self Workbook. Please purchase the book separately.
- These sessions are recorded for those in all timezones
- This work is not therapy and is not a substitute for therapy. If you have a sense that you would be destabilized by yourself or others speaking about difficult events, then this course may not be for you. While we hope that the processes and information that we share can be of use in your journey, we do not have the resources to support extreme psychological difficulties.
- These events are part of a full year-long chapter-by-chapter exploration of Your Resonant Self Workbook
Sarah Peyton, Certified Trainer of Nonviolent Communication and neuroscience educator, integrates brain science and the use of resonant language to heal personal and collective trauma with exquisite gentleness.
Sarah is a sought-after expert who brings neuroscience expertise together with depth work, self-compassion, and the transformative potential of language. She works with audiences internationally to create a compassionate understanding of the effects of relational trauma on the brain, and teaches people how words change and heal us.
Sarah teaches and lectures internationally and is the author of four books on relational neuroscience and self-compassion: Your Resonant Self: Guided Meditations and Exercises to Engage Your Brain’s Capacity for Healing, the companion Your Resonant Self Workbook: From Self-sabotage to Self-care, and Affirmations for Turbulent Times: Resonant Words to Soothe Body and Mind, and The Antiracist Heart: A Self-Compassion and Activism Handbook, co-authored alongside Roxy Manning, PhD.