The course will meet online via zoom video conferencing software.
What is the Schedule?
The schedule will be as follows (All times are in the Pacific Time zone. To convert to your time, please click here):
This course is taught by both Sarah Peyton and Jaya Manske and meets Wednesdays, 10 AM Pacific – 11:25 AM Pacific, from September 13th through Nov 8th:
- Sept 13: How resonance heals trauma
- Sept 20: Time, the brain and trauma (Jaya teaching)
- Oct 4: Learning to time travel
- Oct 11: How unconscious contracts sabotage us (Jaya teaching)
- Oct 18: Releasing unconscious contracts
- Oct 25: How unconscious contracts show up in time travel
- Nov 1: Unconscious contracts and the circuits
- Nov 8: Traveling with resonance to childhood memories
(no class on September 27)
Who is This Course For?
If you’ve been in cognitive behavioral therapy for years, or read countless self-help and trauma-healing books only to feel unchanged and perpetually struggling to turn toward yourself with kindness and warmth, this course is for you!
This course is for students, from beginners to advanced, who are needing to heal past pains and traumas, and looking for a reliable, repeatable technique for doing so. This is a foundational offering that supports you to dive into more advanced learning and practice, removing deeper layers of pain and struggle, after this baseline scaffolding is built.
Come and build and strengthen the pathways to make your brain a kinder place to live and to increase connection and mutuality with your family, friends, co-workers and community. All are welcome.
We are delighted to offer CEU hours for this course
We are delighted to offer 11 CEU hours for psychologists and social workers for this course ($30 additional fee). Chicago Counseling Associates has been approved by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation to sponsor continuing education for social workers and psychologists. CCA maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Live attendance is required to receive CEUs. Read more.
What To Expect
Each 85-minute class will include lecture portions in relational neuroscience and skills practice breakouts. Optional participation in resonant practice partnerships outside class.
The classes will be recorded for participants in many time zones, and recordings will be provided for those who cannot attend live. You are welcome to leave your video off if you prefer not to be recorded.
In this class series, participants will:
- Discover how resonance and accompaniment heal trauma
- Practice using the resonant skill of acknowledging what is as a foundation to time-travel to the past and comfort the traumatized self
- Understand why trauma memories feel so real
- Learn the time travel process
- Learn the unconscious contracts process
- Release unconscious contracts to not like the self
- Practice using resonant time travel for difficult memories
- Learn to better accompany themselves and others
- Build self-trust and self warmth
- Find new access to ease
1:1 Resonant Support is Available
Get assistant support during classes – experience resonant support from experienced practitioners when you need it during class times. Often, this work can have unexpected depth and touch on deeply held subconscious awareness and pain. Getting support when we need it most helps participants to integrate, regulate, and have a felt experience of the transformative power of resonance:
This course is offered with an option for sliding-scale tuition. Please choose the rate that works based on your income:
$400 – Support those with fewer resources to attend (choose this option if you have the desire to support access for others to help rebalance systemic and global inequity).
$350 – Requested standard contribution (choose this option if you have sufficient financial resources and can pay fair value for this learning experience)
$300 – Discounted rate (choose this option if you sometimes struggle with limited financial resources and would benefit from supported access to this learning experience)
$220 – Scholarship rate (choose this option if you struggle with limited resources and have difficulty saving due to less reliable income or pay, or if you live in a country where earning power is less)
Need additional financial assistance? We will know if additional partial scholarships are available for those with circumstances that require it on Sept 5th, 2023. Write to [email protected] on or after Sept 5th 2023 to inquire.
- Your tuition payment is non-refundable and transferable.
- Some additional partial scholarships may be available after Sept 5, 2023
- This course will be recorded for those who want to learn asynchronously for some or all sessions, but recordings will only be available for those enrolled in this online series
- This work is not therapy and is not a substitute for therapy. If you have a sense that you would be destabilized by yourself or others speaking about difficult events, then this course may not be for you. While we hope that the processes and information that we share can be of use in your journey, we do not have the resources to support extreme psychological difficulties.