The course will meet via zoom. Recordings will be made available to those who are registered for the live program.
This 6-session series runs from January 23 through March 5, 2024 with classes meeting each Tuesday morning. 8:00am-9:20am Pacific Time.
(To convert to your time, please click here)
- January 23, 2024: Intro to the DISGUST Circuit (taught by Sarah)
- January 30, 2024: Trauma Blocks to DISGUST and Knowing Our Edges (taught by Jaya)
- February 6, 2024: Contractual Blocks to DISGUST, containment and having our own voice (taught by Sarah)
- February 13, 2024: Understanding and transforming self-disgust (taught by Jaya)
- February 27, 2024: The Interplay of DISGUST and Emergence (taught by Sarah)
- March 5, 2024: The Surprise of how DISGUST is path to discovering our vision (taught by Sarah)
*skipping February 20th
Who Is This Course For?
For writers, artists, explorers and creatives looking for a resonant space in which to support their creative expression. The creative process work that we’ll explore in this class is for anyone involved in, or longing to be involved in, any kind of creative pursuit.
What to Expect?
A warm space that creates room for the flow from thought into expression, support and resonant feedback, all in service of unblocking your creativity and more fluid expression.
In each 80-minute class, we will:
- Begin with a free writing period
- Explore the relational neuroscience connected to the seeking circuit, and how it impacts the ability to express and tell our truth.
- Offer a resonance exercise or demonstration to support the movement toward free expression
- Continue with a second free writing period
- Create space for sharing and resonant responses to each other’s work
The classes will be recorded for participants in many time zones
This Course Includes Resonant Support
Get assistant support during classes – experience resonant support from experienced practitioners when you need it during class times. Often, this work can have unexpected depth and touch on deeply held subconscious awareness and pain. Getting support when we need it most helps participants to integrate, regulate, and have a felt experience of the transformative power of resonance.
Here’s what a previous participant shared about having assistant support available during courses: “Thank you so much for offering the in-class 1:1 support with a resonance assistant as part of the course. This opportunity has gone a long way to provide me with a personalized felt sense of the impact of this process when working with a trained and skilled person to a greater depth than I had experienced on my own. Such a gift.” ~ Dorothy
- This course is set up so that participants can contribute what they can.
- Please choose a variation that considers your financial resources as well as the contribution you would like to offer Sarah and her team.
- The standard tuition for this course is $300. If you choose to pay more, your contribution will go toward supporting those with fewer resources to attend.
- Some additional partial scholarships may be available after January 11th, 2024. Please write our helpdesk to inquire on or after January 11th.
We are delighted to offer 8 CEU hours for psychologists and social workers for this course ($30 additional fee). Chicago Counseling Associates has been approved by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation to sponsor continuing education for social workers and psychologists. CCA maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Live attendance is required to receive CEUs.
- Your tuition payment is non-refundable and transferable.
- This course will be recorded for those who want to learn asynchronously for some or all sessions.
- This work is not therapy and is not a substitute for therapy. If you have a sense that you would be destabilized by yourself or others speaking about difficult events, then this course may not be for you. While we hope that the processes and information that we share can be of use in your journey, we do not have the resources to support extreme psychological difficulties.