The course will meet via zoom. Recordings will be made available to those who are registered for the live program.
The schedule will be as follows (All times are in the Pacific Time zone. To convert to your time, please click here):
This course is taught by Sarah Peyton and meets Wednesdays, 10:30 AM Pacific – 11:55 AM Pacific, from February 7th through April 3rd.
- February 7
- February 14
- February 28
- March 6
- March 13
- March 20
- March 27
- April 3
(no class on February 21)
What To Expect:
In this class series, participants will learn and practice moving into resonance and expanding our window of welcome, including specific learning and practice:
- Knowledge of the circuits of mammalian emotion and motivation
- Understanding the neuroscience of the window of welcome
- Resonance skills for transforming your window of welcome
- Growing familiarity with your own crucible spaces (places that are ripe for transformation)
- How to notice and choose to move toward other’s crucible spaces
- The neuroscience and practical skills of how to expand your window of welcome, including:
- Time-traveling to resolve blocks to certain types of emotions and experiences
- Identifying and releasing unconscious contracts that block resonance for certain emotions
- Using the 9 types of resonant language to expand your own window of welcome
Classes will include lecture and breakout sessions to practice resonance skills and build familiarity and confidence.
The classes will be recorded for participants in many time zones and will be made available for sale after the series as a recordings package. (Please note that your spoken, written questions, comments and image during this webinar may be recorded and included in the video recordings. However: if you chose to simply view the class in speaker view and do not unmute yourself during the session, you will not be recorded.)
1:1 Resonant Support is Available
Get assistant support during classes – experience resonant support from experienced practitioners when you need it during class times. Often, this work can have unexpected depth and touch on deeply held subconscious awareness and pain. Getting support when we need it most helps participants to integrate, regulate, and have a felt experience of the transformative power of resonance.
Who is This Course For?
This course is specifically geared toward spaceholders, and people who are interested in therapeutic and emotional session-work, including resonance partners, empathy buddies, therapists and social workers.
This class is more broadly open to anyone who would like to become a better listener, staying present in open and resonant attention when encountering the challenges and emotional depths of another human being. This could include relating to our loved ones, our partners and families and friends, as well as trauma that arises in activist movement spaces, or any other place where trauma and distress arise.
Total beginners and experienced resonance practitioners are welcome. This is for anyone interested in seeing how to expand your windows of welcome during dyadic session work, to practice and receive support as supportive practitioners to have solid ground when trauma arises for those you are holding space for.
- Early-bird: 20% discount = $296 if registered and paid by January 30th.
- Regular Price: $370 if registered and paid afterward. Recordings included.
Partial scholarships may become available after January 30th.
We are delighted to offer 11 CEU hours for psychologists and social workers for this course ($30 additional fee). Chicago Counseling Associates has been approved by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation to sponsor continuing education for social workers and psychologists. CCA maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Live attendance is required to receive CEUs.
- Your tuition payment is non-refundable and transferable.
- In the event that the course is postponed or canceled a full refund of tuition will be offered
- Some additional partial scholarships may be available after January 30th, 2024
- This course will be recorded for those who want to learn asynchronously for some or all sessions, but recordings will only be available for those enrolled in this online series
- This work is not therapy and is not a substitute for therapy. If you have a sense that you would be destabilized by yourself or others speaking about difficult events, then this course may not be for you. While we hope that the processes and information that we share can be of use in your journey, we do not have the resources to support extreme psychological difficulties.