Roxy Manning, Kathleen Macferran, Kathy Simon and Sarah Peyton are thrilled to work together, bringing our varied and synergetic approaches to living peacefully even when things are difficult and while striving for change. Sarah Peyton brings the lens of the convergence of neuroscience, personal transformation and systemic trauma. Kathleen Macferran brings a deep commitment to rolling in the mud, to staying in life when it gets messy, with practical tools to aid that presence and understanding. Roxy Manning brings a commitment to addressing systemic inequities with fierceness and care in order to create change without replicating trauma and injustice. Kathy Simon focuses on the interplay between our own inner worlds and how we show up in everyday life, knowing that having dependable skills for talking and listening when we feel hurt, angry, or scared makes all of these emotions much less scary and makes it possible to bridge even great divides.
Each week, we will meet three times in person for one hour. One session will focus on sharing a principle of Kingian Nonviolence and the ways Nonviolent Communication supports us in embodying that principle. The two other sessions each week will offer practical applications and coaching to help us integrate and live the principles. On days when we do not meet, you will have additional materials to help you stay connected with the week’s learning. Participants can also choose to join an optional peer-led practice group for further live engagement with the material.
Together, we will enjoy embodied experiences of practices that we can carry with us. We anticipate that we will all walk away with a sense of community and shared intention, feeling less alone and better equipped to face whatever unpredictability emerges throughout the year.
Where do we meet?
The course will meet via online video conference (zoom). Recordings provided.
This event is an online community of practice that stretches over 8 weeks, from January 19 through March 11. Each week includes three one-hour meetings on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8-9 AM PST.
The schedule will be as follows (all times are in the Pacific Time zone. (To convert to your time, please click here)
- Week 1: Tues 1/19, Wed 1/20 and Thurs 1/21 from 8-9 AM PST
- Week 2: Tues 1/26, Wed 1/27 and Thurs 1/28 from 8-9 AM PST
- Week 3: Tues 2/2, Wed 2/3 and Thurs 2/4 from 8-9 AM PST
- Week 4: Tues 2/9, Wed 2/10 and Thurs 2/11 from 8-9 AM PST
- Week 5: Tues 2/16, Wed 2/17 and Thurs 2/18 from 8-9 AM PST
- Week 6: Tues 2/23, Wed 2/24 and Thurs 2/25 from 8-9 AM PST
- Week 7: Tues 3/2, Wed 3/3 and Thurs 3/4 from 8-9 AM PST
- Week 8: Tues 3/9, Wed 3/10 and Thurs 3/11 from 8-9 AM PST
On days when we do not meet, participants will have additional materials to help you stay connected with the week’s learning. Participants can also choose to join an optional peer-led practice group for further live engagement with the material.
Who is This Event For?
- For nonviolent communication beginners and long-time practitioners, all are welcome
- For those wish to explore the profound insights into the challenges we face and practice transforming them, peacefully and powerfully.
- Those who are longing for practical ways to apply the six principles of Kingian nonviolence in everyday life
- For people wishing for predictable support to do their work in the world, nonviolently
- For those longing for side-by-side practice with each other in community to find peace in these difficult times through learning and applying daily practices.