- This event has passed.
Warmth for Disillusionment: The Traumas of Political Disaffection
September 27, 2022 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm PDTCost: $20
About the Event
In these difficult times, it can be hard to retain our idealism. Yet, when we lose our idealism, we tend to lose our energy to create change. What can we hold on to, and hope for, in a world where our heroes are tarnished and our political parties seem to have lost their moral centers? What happens when we have warmth and resonance for our disillusionment?
Join Sarah for a 90-minute exploration and discover what resonance can do to support our resilience and changework.
- This is an online zoom webinar that runs for 90 minutes with an optional 30 min Q&A.
- Purchase includes an invitation to the live webinar and post-webinar access to access the recording + slides, including research citations when relevant.
- This webinar is the September meeting of Sarah’s 2022 Neuroscience and Resonance monthly series.
- We are delighted to offer 1.5 CEU hours for psychologists and social workers for this course ($10 additional fee).
- Chicago Counseling Associates has been approved by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation to sponsor continuing education for social workers and psychologists. CCA maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Live attendance is required to receive CEUs.
Cost and How to Register
Sarah Peyton, Certified Trainer of Nonviolent Communication and neuroscience educator, integrates brain science and the use of resonant language to heal personal and collective trauma with exquisite gentleness.
Sarah is a sought-after expert who brings neuroscience expertise together with depth work, self-compassion, and the transformative potential of language. She works with audiences internationally to create a compassionate understanding of the effects of relational trauma on the brain, and teaches people how words change and heal us.
Sarah teaches and lectures internationally and is the author of three books: Your Resonant Self: Guided Meditations and Exercises to Engage Your Brain’s Capacity for Healing, the companion Your Resonant Self Workbook: From Self-sabotage to Self-care, and Affirmations for Turbulent Times: Resonant Words to Soothe Body and Mind.