- This event has passed.
Juicy Relational Skills for Emergence Part 3: Becoming Relational: Exploring the I-You Space
November 10, 2023 @ 5:00 pm - November 12, 2023 @ 3:00 pm PSTCost: $475 – $650
About the Event
Do we really exist for ourselves? Are the others around us real, complex and alive, people to our brains? Learn about and begin to transform the contracts that prevent true expression and authentic relationship. Explore the use of I-You Language to foster intimacy and connection, and to move out of caretaking into partnership in all your relationships.
This weekend workshop also includes an optional 90-minute bonus session on healing our relationship to physical intimacy, including demos and practices. The bonus session will cover the ins and outs of communication, feedback and I-You Language in sexuality.
This event is part 3 of a 3-part series exploring resonance and relationships, how we can use the foundational concepts of Sarah’s book, Your Resonant Self and its accompanying workbook, to transform relationships with those we are closest to.
This event is available as a 2-for-1 enrollment (purchase one registration and you’ll be able to invite another person for free!)
You are welcome to register for any of the three individual events in the 3-part series, however, registering for the full 3-Part Immersion might be a good fit if you’d like to access the content bonuses and bonus group skill-building/practice sessions.
The course will meet via online (zoom video conference). Recordings will be made available.
The schedule will be as follows (All times are in the Pacific Time zone. To convert to your time, please click here)
- November 10: Friday 5-8pm
- November 11: Saturday, 9-12pm, 1-3pm
- November 12: Sunday 9-12pm, 1-3pm
- Bonus session: December 10: 10-11:30am PDT
What to Expect:
This 3-day immersion weekend will cover the following topics via lectures interspersed with experiential exercises:
- Attachment patterns and warmth
- Contracts not to trust, not to let love in
- I-You language
- Warm curiosity and questions
- The right hemisphere and feedback
- Circling back to blame vs mourning
- How contracts get in the way of giving and receiving feedback
Special bonus session on healing and physical intimacy (taking place December 10, 10am-11:30am PDT):
- Contracts around giving and receiving feedback about physical intimacy
- Attachment patterns and sexual experience (physical intimacy)
- Reclaiming joy with physical intimacy
We are delighted to offer 14 CEU hours for psychologists and social workers for this course ($30 additional fee). CEUs are offered through Chicago Counseling Associates. CCA has been approved by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation to sponsor continuing education for social workers and psychologists. CCA maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Live attendance is required to receive CEUs.
Cost and How to Register
Early bird: $475 single session registration through October 20, 2023 – 2-for-1 promotion – have a friend, family member, partner, or colleague join you free!
$650 after October 20th – 2-for-1 promotion – have a friend, family member, partner, or colleague join you free!
- This work is not therapy and is not a substitute for therapy. If you have a sense that you would be destabilized by yourself or others speaking about difficult events, then this course may not be for you. While we hope that the processes and information that we share can be of use in your journey, we do not have the resources to support extreme psychological difficulties.
- Some partial scholarships may be available after October 29, please write to Sarah to inquire.
Sarah Peyton, Certified Trainer of Nonviolent Communication and neuroscience educator, integrates brain science and the use of resonant language to heal personal and collective trauma with exquisite gentleness.
Sarah is a sought-after expert who brings neuroscience expertise together with depth work, self-compassion, and the transformative potential of language. She works with audiences internationally to create a compassionate understanding of the effects of relational trauma on the brain, and teaches people how words change and heal us.
Sarah teaches and lectures internationally and is the author of four books on relational neuroscience and self-compassion: Your Resonant Self: Guided Meditations and Exercises to Engage Your Brain’s Capacity for Healing, the companion Your Resonant Self Workbook: From Self-sabotage to Self-care, and Affirmations for Turbulent Times: Resonant Words to Soothe Body and Mind, and The Antiracist Heart: A Self-Compassion and Activism Handbook, co-authored alongside Roxy Manning, PhD.