- This event has passed.
Ideal Mother, Real Mother: Fate and Destiny in Astrology and Constellations
April 21, 2022 @ 9:00 am - April 24, 2022 @ 4:00 pm PDTCost: $1000
About the Event
Working in concert with Jungian astrologer Carol Ferris, the constellations in this session will take as their starting point several elements from the birth chart of the seeker receiving the constellation, including the seeker’s moon, or internalized mother. As a masterclass experience for constellation facilitators, we will be looking at working with archetypal patterns from other systems (in this case astrology) in our constellations.
Constellations are a way of unwinding and unraveling the frozen strands of trauma and buried nervous-system vows from our essential beings, so that we can flourish, live, and contribute our gifts with ease.
This is part 2 of a 3-part constellation masterclass series. This year’s masterclass series will explore themes of fate and destiny, integrating astrology and tarot with constellation work. Join Sarah Peyton for this exploration of what neuroscience and constellations can do for us.
You are welcome to register for any of the three individual events in the 3-part series, however, registering for the full 3-Part Immersion might be a good fit if you’d like to learn to use constellations in your work or your life, as well as receive access to the bonus and savings.
The course will meet via online (zoom video conference). Recordings will be made available.
The schedule will be as follows (All times are in the Pacific Time zone. To convert to your time, please click here)
- Apr 21: Thursday, 9am-12pm, 1pm-4pm
- Apr 22: Friday, 9am-12pm, 1pm-4pm
- Apr 23: Saturday, 9am-12pm, 1pm-4pm
- Apr 24: Sunday, 9am-12pm, 1pm-4pm
Constellation debriefs will take place between 3pm-4pm PT each day and are excellent opportunities for learning and integration, but are not required.
What to Expect:
Each day we alternate between short lectures on neuroscience and constellation concepts with mini-constellations to explore and practice the concepts, and then we do large group constellations. If you’re a visual learner you can imagine small islands of didactic learning, surrounded by slightly larger islands of small-group learning, and then interspersed with large, full-group constellations. Small group work will be done in small groups or dyads via breakout groups on zoom.
The large group constellations are alternately run by Sarah and by student constellators (participants in the masterclass series) with Sarah’s support. Both being a facilitator and being a seeker happen by lottery, with weight given to the number of sessions attended, thus not all participants will have a chance to be a seeker or a facilitator.
Each day, there will be an optional 1 hour debrief of the day’s constellations at the end of the day. For anyone interested in this beautiful convergence, you are welcome to participate in the information and constellation sessions only, and not attend the masterclass debriefs of the constellation work itself.
Over this 4-day immersion week participants will:
- Investigate fate through the lens of Jungian astrology and archetypal energies, with a look at the way the brain receives archetypes
- Experiment with the integration of ritual and emergent constellations through the use of pre-set representatives from clients’ natal charts
- Explore the convergence of the ideas of relational neuroscience with ideas about fate and astrology
*All participants in this session will have a natal chart and initial reading with Jungian astrologer Carol Ferris prior to the session so that you have a sense of your own individual archetypal elements for the mini-constellation breakouts. If you are experienced in astrology, already have your birth chart, and do not wish to have a chart and reading done, please apply for a discount on the price of this session.
**Please register by April 7, 2022, if you wish to receive your reading before the masterclass. If registering after this date, your reading may take place following the masterclass.
- In order to secure the early-bird rates, you must register and pay by the dates above.
- Your tuition payment is non-refundable and transferrable.
- Tuition includes an astrology reading by Carol Ferris. Readings will be done in the two weeks prior to the masterclass (to be scheduled individually separately).
- The deadline to register and get a reading prior to the session is April 7, 2022. If you register after April 7, 2022, your reading may take place the week following the masterclass.
- Deadline to register, April 21, 2022
- This work is not therapy and is not a substitute for therapy. If you have a sense that you would be destabilized by yourself or others speaking about difficult events, then this course may not be for you. While we hope that the processes and information that we share can be of use in your journey, we do not have the resources to support extreme psychological difficulties.
How to Register
About the Instructors
Sarah Peyton, international constellations facilitator, Certified Trainer of Nonviolent Communication and neuroscience educator, integrates constellations, brain science and the use of resonant language to heal personal and collective trauma.
Sarah teaches and lectures internationally, is a regular contributor to The Knowing Field International Constellations Journal and has authored chapters in Stephan Hausner’s Salutogene Aufstellungen and Francesca Mason Boring's The Nature Constellations Handbook: An Invitation to Connection: Re-Membering Nature in Systems.
Sarah is a regularly featured keynote speaker for international constellation events including ISCA and NASCA and is the author of four books on relational neuroscience and self-compassion: Your Resonant Self: Guided Meditations and Exercises to Engage Your Brain’s Capacity for Healing, the companion Your Resonant Self Workbook: From Self-sabotage to Self-care, Affirmations for Turbulent Times: Resonant Words to Soothe Body and Mind, and The Antiracist Heart: A Self-Compassion and Activism Handbook, co-authored alongside Roxy Manning, PhD.
Carol Ferris, M.A., practices astrology in Portland, Oregon, where she consults with clients; teaches and tutors; and writes. She completed her Masters in Interdisciplinary Studies at Marylhurst University, Lake Oswego, Oregon, in 2013. The title of her thesis, “The Sky’s Body: Constellations and Medicine” reflects her ongoing interest in the nature-based medicine and governance thinking of ancient Near East and Chinese philosophers and astrologers.
For the past two years, Carol has been a regular presenter at the Salome Institute, Portland OR, lecturing regularly on the work of Carl Jung, his exploration of the unconscious in his Black Books and The Red Book; and his interest in astrological symbolism.
You can find more at carolferrisastrology.com.