Loving the Shadow: Pettiness, Jealousy, Envy and Hatred
January 4, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - March 15, 2022 @ 3:30 pm PSTCost: $370
About the Event
Start the year with a radical act of self-kindness! Join Sarah Peyton to discover self-compassion and self-warmth for some of the feelings we find hardest to love in ourselves. What happens when we find the gifts that relational neuroscience reveals in the emotions we most often try to ignore, push down or pretend we don’t have? What happens when we understand the impact of trauma on our brains? What happens when we release some of the contracts that keep us tied in accounting knots? New softness and ease and self-understanding are the result.
The course will meet via zoom. Recordings will be made available to those who are registered.
The schedule will be as follows (All times are in the Pacific Time zone. To convert to your time, please click here):
Tuesdays 2:00pm - 3:25pm
- January 4
- January 11
- January 18
- January 25
- February 8
- February 22
- March 1
- March 15
What To Expect:
In this 8-week series, participants will:
- Discover the importance of the balance of giving and taking
- Explore what happens to brains when we are exquisitely gentle with our relational accounting systems
- Learn about the closeness of hate and love
- Allow for new levels of complexity and paradox in this experience of being human
There will be demo depth process work during this series, and the receivers will be chosen by lottery. Not everyone enrolled will have a chance to receive during the course.
The classes will be recorded for participants in many time zones – due to the vulnerability of this material, recording access will only be for those enrolled during the series.
Who is This Event For?
Students from beginners to advanced interested in cultivating radical self-kindness and warmth. Anyone interested in what lays beyond their most difficult relational experiences. All welcome.
Need financial assistance? We will know if partial scholarships are available on December 28, 2021. Write to email@example.com on or after December 28 to inquire.
- In order to secure the early-bird rates, you must register and pay by the dates above
- Your tuition payment is non-refundable and transferable.
- Some partial scholarships may be available after December 28, 2021
- This work is not therapy and is not a substitute for therapy. If you have a sense that you would be destabilized by others speaking about difficult events, it would be better not to register for this program.
Sarah Peyton, Certified Trainer of Nonviolent Communication and neuroscience educator, integrates brain science and the use of resonant language to heal personal and collective trauma with exquisite gentleness.
Sarah is a sought-after expert who brings neuroscience expertise together with depth work, self-compassion, and the transformative potential of language. She works with audiences internationally to create a compassionate understanding of the effects of relational trauma on the brain, and teaches people how words change and heal us.
Sarah teaches and lectures internationally and is the author of three books: Your Resonant Self: Guided Meditations and Exercises to Engage Your Brain’s Capacity for Healing, the companion Your Resonant Self Workbook: From Self-sabotage to Self-care, and Affirmations for Turbulent Times: Resonant Words to Soothe Body and Mind (releases December 7, 2021).