- This event has passed.
Making Affirmations Genuine: a Lab for Self-Support
January 5, 2022 @ 9:00 am - March 16, 2022 @ 9:25 am PSTCost: $199.00
About the Event
How can we tap into the health-giving benefits of affirmations and still speak truth and be authentic? Start your year with a bang with this short live affirmations lab, meeting 15 times from January 5 through March 16, 2022
Neuroscience research shows that affirmations can make our lives better — they can improve our immune systems, our mood and our sense of well-being. But for many people, affirmations are tricky. There is a need to speak truth and be authentic. This is the central riddle in using affirmations – how can we tap into the health-giving benefits of affirmations and remain fully and completely rooted in our own selves? Start your year with a bang and join Sarah Peyton for short live affirmations 15 times from January 5 through March 16 (on Sarah’s available Monday and Wednesday mornings).
What to Expect:
Following the unfolding path of Sarah’s book, Affirmations for Turbulent Times, these 25-minute sessions will help participants create affirmations that work for them, taking into account authenticity, and offering ways to release contracts against wishing good things for ourselves. Most sessions will feature a short bit of work with a participant so that we see the approach being modeled. These sessions will be recorded and will be for sale after the class is over.
This course will meet online via zoom.
Sessions will meet on the following dates from 9am-9:25am Pacific
To convert to your time, please click here
- Jan. 5 – Starting Something New
- Jan. 10 & Jan. 12 – Living with Chaos and Uncertainty
- Jan 19 – Health and Well-Being
- Jan. 24 – Loneliness and Community
- Jan. 26 – Work
- Feb. 7 – Family
- Feb. 9 – Mourning our Losses
- Feb. 14 – Loving the Planet
- Feb. 28 – Emotions
- March 2 – Creativity
- March 7 & March 9 – Energy
- March 14 – Helplessness and Choice
- March 16 – Celebrations
Purchase does not include a copy of the book, please purchase separately.
Need financial assistance? We will know if partial scholarships are available on December 29, 2021. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org on or after December 29 to inquire.
- Your tuition payment is non-refundable and transferable.
- Some partial scholarships may be available after December 29, 2021
- Interested in joining after the course has started? Spots are still available and previous sessions were recorded. You are welcome to join!
- This work is not therapy and is not a substitute for therapy. If you have a sense that you would be destabilized by yourself or others speaking about difficult events, then this course may not be for you. While we hope that the processes and information that we share can be of use in your journey, we do not have the resources to support extreme psychological difficulties.
Sarah Peyton, Certified Trainer of Nonviolent Communication and neuroscience educator, integrates brain science and the use of resonant language to heal personal and collective trauma with exquisite gentleness.
Sarah is a sought-after expert who brings neuroscience expertise together with depth work, self-compassion, and the transformative potential of language. She works with audiences internationally to create a compassionate understanding of the effects of relational trauma on the brain, and teaches people how words change and heal us.
Sarah teaches and lectures internationally and is the author of three books: Your Resonant Self: Guided Meditations and Exercises to Engage Your Brain’s Capacity for Healing, the companion Your Resonant Self Workbook: From Self-sabotage to Self-care, and Affirmations for Turbulent Times: Resonant Words to Soothe Body and Mind.