Juicy Relational Skills for Emergence Part 1: The EMERGENCE/SEXUALITY Circuit: Reactivity and Healing
April 14 @ 5:00 pm - April 16 @ 3:00 pm PDTCost: $475 – $650
About the Event
What causes us to react to others and how long does it take for our bodies to calm? What is the impact of our trauma histories on our relationships? Do we get to relax and laugh in our relationships again? Learn the role implicit memory plays in reactivity, and how we can use empathy and resonance skills to transform reactivity into calm and connection.
This weekend workshop also includes an optional 90-minute bonus session on healing from sexual harm, including demos and practices. The bonus session on physical intimacy in this session will cover understanding and healing from sexual abuse and assault.
This event is part 1 of a 3-part series exploring resonance and relationships, how we can use the foundational concepts of Sarah’s books, Your Resonant Self and its accompanying workbook, to transform relationships with those we are closest to.
This event is available as a 2-for-1 enrollment (purchase one registration and you’ll be able to invite another person for free!)
You are welcome to register for any of the three individual events in the 3-part series, however, registering for the full 3-Part Immersion might be a good fit if you’d like to access the content bonuses and bonus group skill-building/practice sessions.
The course will meet via online (zoom video conference). Recordings will be made available.
The schedule will be as follows (All times are in the Pacific Time zone. To convert to your time, please click here)
- April 14: Friday 5-8pm
- April 15: Saturday 9-12pm, 1-3pm
- April 16: Sunday 9-12pm, 1-3pm
What to Expect:
Each day we alternate between short lectures on neuroscience concepts, followed by experiential exercises to explore and practice the concepts.
The experiential components of this series will feature skill-building exercises to help you connect to others and yourself, resonant language, unconscious contracts to help you untangle what blocks connection with others, and time travel resonance.
This 3-day immersion weekend will cover the following topics via lectures interspersed with experiential exercises:
- Resonant language
- Reassurance vs Resonance
- An introduction to trauma and retraumatization in relationships
- A simple time travel for friends and couples
- Blame 101: Transforming blame into mourning
- Needs-based connection around sexuality or simply around emergence
- Unconscious Contracts
- Acknowledging infidelity, broken trust and disappointment
Special bonus session on healing from sexual harm:
- Sexual trauma and how it impacts both sexuality and emergence of self
- Resonance for the cells
- Time travel with resonance for the cells for sexual trauma
We are delighted to offer 14 CEU hours for psychologists and social workers for this course ($30 additional fee). CEUs are offered through Chicago Counseling Associates. CCA has been approved by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation to sponsor continuing education for social workers and psychologists. CCA maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Live attendance is required to receive CEUs.
Cost and How to Register
- This work is not therapy and is not a substitute for therapy. If you have a sense that you would be destabilized by yourself or others speaking about difficult events, then this course may not be for you. While we hope that the processes and information that we share can be of use in your journey, we do not have the resources to support extreme psychological difficulties.
- Some partial scholarships may be available after April 5, please write to Sarah to inquire.
Sarah Peyton, Certified Trainer of Nonviolent Communication and neuroscience educator, integrates brain science and the use of resonant language to heal personal and collective trauma with exquisite gentleness.
Sarah is a sought-after expert who brings neuroscience expertise together with depth work, self-compassion, and the transformative potential of language. She works with audiences internationally to create a compassionate understanding of the effects of relational trauma on the brain, and teaches people how words change and heal us.
Sarah teaches and lectures internationally and is the author of three books: Your Resonant Self: Guided Meditations and Exercises to Engage Your Brain’s Capacity for Healing, the companion Your Resonant Self Workbook: From Self-sabotage to Self-care, and Affirmations for Turbulent Times: Resonant Words to Soothe Body and Mind.