- This event has passed.
Gentrification, Community and the Brain
November 22, 2022 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm PSTCost: $20
About the Event
Does the neighborhood you live in have an effect on your brain? How about your community? How do we carry our communities within us? Why do people say that gentrification is the new redlining? What are the systemic implications for our sense of home and the ways that our brains work to integrate self and world?
Join Sarah for this 90 minute exploration. Come ready to have your brain remodeled. Recommended reading: How to Kill a City by Peter Moskowitz.
- This is an online zoom webinar that runs for 90 minutes with an optional 30 min Q&A.
- Purchase includes invitation to the live webinar and post-webinar access to access the recording + slides, including research citations when relevant.
- This webinar is the November meeting of Sarah’s 2022 Neuroscience and Resonance monthly series.
- We are delighted to offer 1.5 CEU hours for psychologists and social workers for this course ($10 additional fee).
- Chicago Counseling Associates has been approved by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation to sponsor continuing education for social workers and psychologists. CCA maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Live attendance is required to receive CEUs.
Cost and How to Register
Sarah Peyton, Certified Trainer of Nonviolent Communication and neuroscience educator, integrates brain science and the use of resonant language to heal personal and collective trauma with exquisite gentleness.
Sarah is a sought-after expert who brings neuroscience expertise together with depth work, self-compassion, and the transformative potential of language. She works with audiences internationally to create a compassionate understanding of the effects of relational trauma on the brain, and teaches people how words change and heal us.
Sarah teaches and lectures internationally and is the author of four books on relational neuroscience and self-compassion: Your Resonant Self: Guided Meditations and Exercises to Engage Your Brain’s Capacity for Healing, the companion Your Resonant Self Workbook: From Self-sabotage to Self-care, and Affirmations for Turbulent Times: Resonant Words to Soothe Body and Mind, and The Antiracist Heart: A Self-Compassion and Activism Handbook, co-authored alongside Roxy Manning, PhD.