This teleseminar explores puzzles of sexuality and integration. We will wonder about how attachment and brain-use patterns contribute to intimacy, connection and play in sexuality, and also to addictive patterns and disconnection. What happens to our self-connection in intimacy when we slow down and add self-understanding, empathy and a connection to the body? Lively, interactive presentation with visuals.
This recording with powerpoint visuals covers:
- Brief review of the brain
- The neurobiology of sexuality
- Attachment patterns and patterns of sexuality
- The ever-present past: trauma and sexuality
- What happens when we add empathy?
- Finding balance and meaning
- Questions and time for integration
Note: This webinar was done in 2011 and some of the understanding of neuroscience has evolved since this time. Please bear this in mind as you listen.
Note from Sarah: In this webinar I mention that the vagus nerve has 3 gears or channels, which is sort of true – but I don’t say that now since the HPA axis ( the body’s stress response, Fight/Flight) co-opts the ventral channel of the vagus nerve rather than being part of the nerve itself.