Your Brain & Your Contracts: a 16-week Your Resonant Self Book Study Series
Would you like to transform the deeply held beliefs that might be blocking you from creating the lives, relationships and experiences you really long for? This course moves through the YRS material through the lens of unconscious contracts, chapter by chapter.
What You’ll Learn in this 16-week Course
- Learning to work with our unconscious contracts and releasing ourselves from agreements that are no longer serving us.
- Un-learning deeply ingrained habits and thought patterns that are living at an unconscious level through resonance and Sarah’s sacred vow release process
- Bringing awareness to the stuck places inside you so that you can move forward!
- Breaking free from self-sabotaging or self-destructive behaviors which are keeping you small and inhibiting you from thriving.
Take a Look Inside the Course
Week 1: Introduction and Welcome
- This week we’ll set our learning container and go over the materials in the introduction, and put in place our understanding of the neurobiology of unconscious contract work, including what it is, and what’s happening in the brain when we make contracts.
Week 2 – Chapter 1: How We Talk to Ourselves: The Default Mode Network
- This chapter explores the way in which we can be forced into maintaining a critical stance toward ourselves by unconscious contracts we have made.
Week 3 – Chapter 2: Staying in Emotional Balance: Healthy Self-Regulation
- In this week’s study group we’ll learn how we can unconsciously block our own self-warmth.
Week 4 – Chapter 3: Developing Self-Kindness: Introducing the Resonating Self-Witness
- Trust is the focus of our exploration this week. If we prevent ourselves from having trust, we will have a difficult time supporting the growth of our Resonating Self-Witness.
Week 5 – Chapter 4: Taming the Inner Critic: Hearing the Attempt to Contribute
- How do our contracts maintain our attitudes of relentless self-criticism? What happens when we release them?
Week 6 – Chapter 5: Calming Anxiety: Moving Toward Trust
- Week 6 takes us into the different kinds of contracts which leave us in a continued state of anxiety, and how to start revoking them. This includes contracts made to our selves, to parents, and even to the entire universe and all humanity (sometimes called Bodhisattva vows)
Week 7 – Chapter 6: Time Traveling with Resonance: Healing Old Hurts
- This week’s group takes us into an understanding of trauma and trauma-based vows, and an initial movement into their release, as well as an integration of the time travel process with vow work
Week 8 – Chapter 7: Claiming Anger’s Creative and Protective Gifts
- What kinds of contracts maintain us in a state of anger or rage, sometimes for years? This week we begin to understand the relationship between vows and the vagus nerve and our nervous system states of fight/flight/panicked aloneness and immobilization.
Week 9 – Chapter 8. Vanquishing Ancient Fears
- In this week’s lesson, we’ll look at the contracts connected with terror, fear and fear-based anxiety. How does it feel to let go of the vows that keep us from letting go of vows?
Week 10 – Chapter 9: Returning from Dissociation
- How do unconscious contracts keep us in a state of dissociation? And how can we use contract work to begin to unlock the vows that have kept us from fully participating in life?
Week 11 – Chapter 10: Attachment: How Brains Respond to Accompaniment
- This week’s lesson breaks down chapter 10 and our patterns of attachment and explores the contracts we put in place to make us safe within our attachment styles. The contract work helps us to re-pattern our nervous systems to feel safe from the inside out.
Week 12 – Chapter 11: Healing Self-Hate and Disorganized Attachment
- In the cramping patterns of self-hate, we often feel we hate ourselves and perhaps lose all hope that our lives matter. How can contract work support us in this area?
Week 13 – Chapter 12: Gently Healing Depression
- Often when struggling with depression, we feel despair and hopeless, as if our lives have no meaning. This week’s lesson shows us how to find richness and create meaning, to feel that self-love is within reach with the help of the dissolution of unconscious contracts.
Week 14 – Chapter 13: Leaving Behind Addictions and Compulsions: The Contributions of Self-Understanding and Resonance
- Interlocking and mutually canceling sacred vows can leave people with so little room to breathe or exist that addictions become the only answer. How can our understanding of unconscious contracts help us in the journey toward freedom from addictions and compulsions?
Week 15 – Chapter 14: Joy, Community, and Our Outside Voice: Bringing Our Resonating Self-Witness to Others
- This week’s lesson explores the importance of empathizing with excitement, delight and joy, and how contracts may prevent us from celebrating or moving into joy. Understanding the gifts of social engagement – what happens in our body when we’re in ventral vagal, vibrating with other humans in trust and safety, is a key piece of hope that can help keep us going on the path of healing trauma.
Week 16 – Closing
- This week we close the session and tie everything together.
What people love about Your Resonant Self
I am amazed that so much of my previous work over 34 years is coming together and knitting me into someone newer and freer and much gentler and creative, and curious.
This experience is truly transformative. My first workshop was with Sarah in Nashville; continuing this Your Resonant Self work is critical for my development!
I really enjoy your gentle way… I found myself noticing aliveness in my body throughout the day, as has happened every day in this class. Thank you!
Your Investment + What’s Included
A pre-recorded course with Sarah Peyton examining unconscious contracts.
I used to struggle with reactive, highly volatile relationships, with my partners, my children, my family… it has taken years of practice developing my own self-resonance and secure attachment to be in joyful connective relationships.
I used to carry a book on my lap while driving because my critical inner voice was so cruel, I needed something to distract me for the 20-30 seconds it took for the light to turn green. Can you imagine how impossible it would be to form healthy relationships with others when we can barely stand ourselves?
I’m here today to share what I’ve learned since then about how to heal past pains and move into a joyful relationship with ourselves using the insights of my first book, Your Resonant Self. Regardless of your age, genetic predisposition or adverse childhood experiences, your brain is capable of building new neural fibers to help self-regulate your emotions and awaken your body as a place of safety and security.
Sign Me Up!
Ready to dive in? You’ll get immediate access to the course once you enroll. We hope to see you inside!