The course will meet online via zoom.
Most sessions are recorded for those in multiple time zones.
What To Expect:
In the upcoming 4-month period, there will be 10 classes, 1 class per month with Sarah and 3 classes each with Sylvie and Peggy, at various time slots to provide possibilities for folks from many parts of the world.
- Sarah’s sessions in this trimester will focus on attachment and NVC. In her sessions participants will explore the neuroscience of why NVC is supportive through short lecture and dyad explorations. In this series, Sarah will explore the neuroscience of feelings, what the brain hemispheres tell us about empathy and connection by exploring the hemispheres of the brain, and the neuroscience of observations
- In Peggy’s sessions, participants are invited to bring their questions and curiosities about how to teach NVC skills and concepts. Peggy will use her 5 decades of teaching experience to help participants explore how they can build interactive and effective learning experiences to support everyone. We will weave resonance into all we do.
- To Sylvie, in her role as an assessor, it is very important that certification candidates have a basic understanding of Sarah’s work in trauma sensitivity and relational neuroscience. Her sessions will offer a safe space to voice and share challenges and celebrations around the certification path.
The schedule will be as follows: 55 minutes each session
(All times are in the Pacific Time zone. To convert to your timezone, please click the times below)
Monday, Jan. 16, 3 pm (session led by Sarah Peyton)
Wednesday, Jan. 18th, 9am (18:00 CET) (session led by Sylvie Hörning)
Tuesday, Jan. 24, 12:30pm (session led by Peggy Smith)
Monday, Feb. 6, 2am (11:00CET) (session led by Sylvie Hörning)
Tuesday, Feb. 14, 8am (session led by Sarah Peyton)
Thursday, Feb. 23, 8am (session led by Peggy Smith)
Monday, March 6, 2am (11:00CET) (session led by Sylvie Hörning)
Monday, March 13, 3pm (session led by Sarah Peyton)
Tuesday, April 11, 8am (session led by Peggy Smith)
Tuesday April 18, 8am (session led by Sarah Peyton)
We would love to know about the work you’re doing in the world teaching neuroscience, NVC and/or empathy. Please let us know about your community practice group or other teaching, whether you’re working toward NVC certification (please let us know who your assessor is, or if you’re already a certified trainer. Please email [email protected] to let us know a bit about you prior to signing up.
Who is This Series For?
Those working to integrate the worlds of nonviolent communication, relational neuroscience and resonance into their teaching and work in the world.
- NVC Certification Candidates who are interested in support on their journey toward certification
- Community Teachers (anyone teaching empathy, NVC or neuroscience material) who would love companionship and support in their work with others
- NVC Certified Trainers interested in deeping their understanding of the neuroscience of NVC, being a part of community and having more companionship on their journey and in their work
- This course is set up so that participants can contribute what they can
- Please choose a variation that considers your financial resources as well as the contribution you would like to offer to the trainers.
- If you live in a country where this amount is too much to afford, or if you otherwise need additional financial assistance to attend, please write to [email protected]
- If you do not see the amount you would like to contribute listed, please email us and let us know what amount you’d like to offer and we can arrange an alternative way to pay.
- Your tuition payment is non-refundable and transferable.
- If you register after the start date, you will receive recordings of previous sessions in the series that were recorded.