Inviting Awe: Chapter 1 – How Affection for the Self makes a Foundation for Awe
December 7 @ 10:30 am - December 14 @ 11:55 am PSTCost: $70.00
About the Event
These two classes investigate the blocks to self-warmth that arise from unconscious contracts, and their effect on the Default Mode Network (DMN). How the DMN can block access to awe.
We will spend some time with resonant language, noticing what it’s like to use it with the critical voice of the DMN as regards self-judgments, and introducing the Resonating Self-Witness. We will take a look at the way unconscious contract work can reveal the roots of self-criticism, and clear some objections to addressing ourselves with affection.
What happens when we find the gifts of turning toward the world with full, wide-awake appreciation? What are the blocks to awe as a regular practice? Does unhealed trauma inhibit experiences of awe? What happens when we understand the impact of trauma on our brains? What happens when we release some of the contracts that keep us tied in knots?
Do you want to truly take in the world of resonance and unconscious contracts? Join Sarah for two weeks, on December 7 and December 14, 2023, 10:30am-12:00pm Pacific Time. This course is part of an extended journey into inviting awe through resonant process work and unconscious contracts, diving deep into chapter 1 of Your Resonant Self Workbook.
- This class meets via zoom
- Purchase includes an invitation to two live classes, and event access to download the recording and any materials.
- Part of a twelve-month journey Inviting Awe: A 12-Month Journey towards Meaning, Belonging and Transformation
- We are delighted to offer 3 CEU hours for psychologists and social workers for this 2-part series ($15 additional fee).
Join Sarah for this two-week deep dive into chapter 1 of Your Resonant Self Workbook, part of a year-long extended journey into Inviting Awe: A 12-Month Journey towards Meaning, Belonging and Transformation.
These sessions meet December December 7 and December 14, 2024 from 10:30am – 12:00pm Pacific Time
convert to your time zone here
Online via Zoom. Sessions will be recorded for viewing in different time zones and for review, and for sale after the series is over.
Each class will include lectures, Q&A, discussion of exercises, demos, and personal explorations of the abilities and growth that make our brains good and comfortable places to be.
Purchase of this class does not include the purchase of the Your Resonant Self Workbook. Please purchase the book separately.
CEUs are available for this course.
We are delighted to offer 3 CEU hours for psychologists and social workers for this 2-part series ($15 additional fee).
- Your tuition payment is non-refundable and transferable.
- These sessions are recorded for those in all timezones.
- This work is not therapy and is not a substitute for therapy. If you have a sense that you would be destabilized by yourself or others speaking about difficult events, then this course may not be for you.
- While we hope that the processes and information that we share can be of use in your journey, we do not have the resources to support extreme psychological difficulties.
- These events are part of a twelve-month journey Inviting Awe: A 12-Month Journey towards Meaning, Belonging and Transformation.
How to Register
Sarah Peyton, Certified Trainer of Nonviolent Communication and neuroscience educator, integrates brain science and the use of resonant language to heal personal and collective trauma with exquisite gentleness.
Sarah is a sought-after expert who brings neuroscience expertise together with depth work, self-compassion, and the transformative potential of language. She works with audiences internationally to create a compassionate understanding of the effects of relational trauma on the brain, and teaches people how words change and heal us.
Sarah teaches and lectures internationally and is the author of four books on relational neuroscience and self-compassion: Your Resonant Self: Guided Meditations and Exercises to Engage Your Brain’s Capacity for Healing, the companion Your Resonant Self Workbook: From Self-sabotage to Self-care, and Affirmations for Turbulent Times: Resonant Words to Soothe Body and Mind, and The Antiracist Heart: A Self-Compassion and Activism Handbook, co-authored alongside Roxy Manning, PhD.