- This event has passed.
Skills for Intimacy Part 3: Addressing Hopelessness
December 4, 2020 @ 5:00 pm - December 6, 2020 @ 5:00 pm PSTCost: $550.00
About the Event
Have you struggled to create or maintain true intimacy in your closest relationships? Have you exhausted all willingness to keep trying, perhaps feeling trapped by hopelessness that anything can ever change to make it sweeter or more loving?
In this event, participants will learn:
- To recognize the static patterns that drag relationships down so that nothing shifts
- How to transform the contracts underlying those patterns that prevent growth and movement.
- Explore our mammalian circuits of emotion and motivation, and learn how they show up in relationship and why that matters
This course is being offered on a special 2-for-1 offer: have a friend join you for this workshop for free! (At check-out, use the “additional info” section to give us the email of a friend you’d like to share this course with. We will send both you and your friend information to attend.)
This live event will meet via online video conference (zoom). Audio recordings of the entire event will be made available afterward.
This event is an online intensive that begins with 1 evening session and stretches through 2 full days. The schedule is as follows (All times are in the Pacific Time zone)
- Friday, December 4, 5:00pm – 8:00pm (Pacific)
- Saturday, December 5, 9:00am – 12:00pm, 1:00 – 3:00pm (Pacific)
- Sunday, December 6, 9:00am – 12:00pm, 1:00 – 3:00pm (Pacific)
What To Expect:
Each day we alternate between neuroscience concepts from Your Resonant Self, and short experiential exercises for practice and integration. Through the exploration of the YRS material we see how we might use those concepts to work with our relationships with those we are closest to.
This weekend will cover:
- The 8 circuits of emotion and motivation in relationship, using the work of Jak Panksepp
- Seeking and Care, and how those can become tangled and prevent relationality
- The right hemisphere and feedback – integrating other people’s judgements of us
- Circling back to blame vs mourning, and how grieving is what helps us release resentments
- How unconscious contracts get in the way of giving and receiving feedback, and how to untangle them
This is a welcoming space and you are free to engage however you like with consent, including being comfortable on screen, turning off your video, or otherwise making yourself at home as we move through material and learning exercises.
This is part 3 of an online series that began in July 2020, however, you can attend this event without having attended the others.
In earlier sessions (part 1 and 2) Sarah introduced other concepts from YRS that help us work with reactivity in relationships, understanding the basics of trauma and attachment, however that content is not fully necessary to receive benefit from this 3rd part in the series.
Who is This Event For?
There is no prerequisite for this event, no need to have read Sarah’s book Heal and learn together with family, friends or partners, or join for your own personal exploration.
This event is being offered as a special 2-for-1 attendance, meaning you can sign up with a friend, lover or partner for free! We are not meant to practice relationship alone 🙂
This event is geared toward anyone who would like to understand the neuroscience of relationships and learn how to leverage knowledge of the brain for change and healing and more closeness with those we love.
**Please note: This work is not therapy and is not a substitute for therapy. If you have a sense that you would be destabilized by others speaking about difficult events, it would be better not to register for this program.
Cost and How to Register
- This work is not therapy and is not a substitute for therapy. If you have a sense that you would be destabilized by others speaking about difficult events, it would be better not to register for this program.