- This event has passed.
NVC Conference 2024
January 26 @ 6:00 pm - January 28 @ 4:00 pm PSTCost: $75 – $250
About the Event
😍 …A vibrant gathering of compassionate hearts igniting their fires and deepening their understanding of Nonviolent Communication (NVC).
🌎 …The group is made up of an International crowd – from complete beginners to seasoned enthusiasts from every continent.
🦒 …13 trainers offering a wide variety of topics to tickle even the pickiest of taste buds.
🤗 …It’s a festival of learning, fun, and community-building, with a relaxed vibe. More than attending a class, it’s an immersive experience that promises to enrich your life.
🎥 …The opportunity to attend 6 sessions live and get lifetime access to all 22 session recordings to watch at your leisure.
What can you expect from this event?
- Variety: Meet a diverse bunch of trainers offering 18 topics to participants from around the world. Learn about transforming limiting beliefs or mindful interruptions. Turn pain into passions, or delve into workplace Microaggressions*. See the full Lineup for more details and sample the ‘cheese board’ of NVC!
- Inspiration: Tickle your tastebuds with 2-hour sessions on 18 different topics. Get inspired by the trainers, or dive into our dedicated community room and see what’s on offer there.
- Skill Development: Whether you are looking to sharpen your NVC skills or just getting started, our lineup is designed to give you a taste of all the topics on offer.
- Purposeful Connection: Combat the potential loneliness of solitary practice by coming together with enthusiasts from around the world. Make new friends that share your interest in Nonviolent Communication.
- See the Bigger Picture: Discover the tangible relevance of NVC in your daily life. This conference will show you how NVC transcends the foundations of the OFNR (Observation, Feeling, Need, Request) model. It’s about infusing love, enhancing relationships, championing social justice, and honing listening skills to make a difference at home, in the workplace, and even in the grocery store line.
Join us to witness the expansive role NVC plays in the world. This conference provides a view of the bigger picture. Giving you a taste of the potential and possibility for applying NVC in a world that yearns for meaningful connection.
Join us at this festival of minds and hearts as we come together to share, learn, and live the essence of Nonviolent Communication. Expect to broaden your perspective and reveal a larger world of potential for Nonviolent Communication in everyday life.
Sarah Peyton will be presenting on two topics:
- Depression and NVC Neuroscience and Where to Apply Our Love
Sarah will delve into the neuroscience behind depression. You will gain insights into the mechanisms of depression and learn practical empathy exercises to address feelings of alarmed aloneness and hopelessness.
- Healing Heartbreak and Loss with NVC
Delve into the neuroscience of heartbreak and loss with Sarah. Learn an empathetic pathway to healing and practical steps for emotional restoration through the compassionate framework of NVC.
- Depression and NVC Neuroscience and Where to Apply Our Love
In one weekend, you can expect to experience 18 sessions from 13 experienced, engaging trainers including:
In addition to Sarah’s offerings and the offerings of several other trainers, four of the sessions (by other trainers) will be presented in Spanish with simultaneous English translation. Two sessions (by other trainers will be presented in English with simultaneous Spanish translation.
Come make some new friends, expand your support system, and gain NVC skills for every area of your life. This is the perfect opportunity to stay in touch with your NVC community and favorite trainers without leaving your home! There is a reason that this event has been going on for so many years… Because it is always a fun, enlivening, and memorable time!
Get ready to walk away with skills for conflict resolution and collaboration AND discover a deeper connection with yourself through acceptance, curiosity, and compassion.
This year’s conference will be held online via Zoom so you can attend, learn, and practice from the safety and comfort of your home.
|Friday, January 26 • 6:00pm – 8:00pm Pacific (California) Time
|Saturday, January 27 • 9:00am – 6:30pm Pacific (California) Time
|Sunday, January 28 • 9:00am – 4:00pm Pacific (California) Time
You can also enrich your experience with the community room which will be open daily before, during, and after each session. The community room offers space to gather in community, seek and offer empathic support, play games, continue session discussions, and so much more. Join us and help our NVC Conference community to thrive!
In addition, there are opening sessions and end-of-the-day harvest sessions with the full community. Opening sessions provide an opportunity for the trainers to share their session descriptions and intentions, and for the full community to gather briefly. Harvest sessions are a space where we can share celebrations and mournings. This highly valued time supports connection and community.
TESTIMONIALS FROM THE NVC CONFERENCE 2023
“I loved how much practice we got in each of the sessions. Thanks for the helpful intros to the sessions at the beginning of the day and for making all recordings accessible. There were so many that I wanted to attend, so I’m glad I can slowly catch up on the others. The empathic listener who took time with me in the community room was also an extra boost. Thanks!”
“I really learnt at all my sessions, the breakouts, the community room – awesome needs met for learning, growth, communication, connection and empathy.”
“I received greater clarity surrounding a limiting belief’s impact on my life.”
“I attended 3 sessions this weekend and feel very fulfilled.”
“The schedule with zoom links and time zone link made navigating the conference wonderfully easy. Having the conference on zoom is so important to me because I would have great difficulty affording an in-person conference. The expertise of the trainers made learning and participating very easy.”
“The trainers were knowledgeable and skillful in their communications and practices.”
What to Expect
This event will be held online with offerings to choose from. Anything you are unable to attend live will be recorded and provided to you for lifetime access. To view the full list of topics covered and trainers, please visit the event page here.
Who is This Event For?
All skill levels are welcome! This NVC conference is an opportunity to learn and practice skills to communicate better at home, work, and school. Gain tools to listen with ease and care, speak with clarity, act with integrity, and inspire cooperation. Find others who share your passion for communication to support your ongoing practice.
Cost and How to Register
- Supporting Others to Attend: $250 (Supports sustainability and increases accessibility)
- Sustainability for our trainers, NVC Conference and NVC Academy: $150 (Supports the trainers and NVC Academy to continue offering courses)
- Installment Payments: Make 2 payments of $75 if registered by January 26
- Increased Accessibility: $75 (Supports easier access; if additional discounts are needed please make your request here)
Early bird special through December 31! Use code NVCCONFERENCE25 for 25% off at checkout.
Read more about the event here.
What Happens After I Register?
When you register, you will receive an email with complete instructions on how to access the NVC Conference.
Note that conference recordings display images of active speakers only, and are made available to all registrants.
Sarah Peyton, Certified Trainer of Nonviolent Communication and neuroscience educator, integrates brain science and the use of resonant language to heal personal and collective trauma with exquisite gentleness.
Sarah is a sought-after expert who brings neuroscience expertise together with depth work, self-compassion, and the transformative potential of language. She works with audiences internationally to create a compassionate understanding of the effects of relational trauma on the brain, and teaches people how words change and heal us.
Sarah teaches and lectures internationally and is the author of four books on relational neuroscience and self-compassion: Your Resonant Self: Guided Meditations and Exercises to Engage Your Brain’s Capacity for Healing, the companion Your Resonant Self Workbook: From Self-sabotage to Self-care, and Affirmations for Turbulent Times: Resonant Words to Soothe Body and Mind, and The Antiracist Heart: A Self-Compassion and Activism Handbook, co-authored alongside Roxy Manning, PhD.