- This event has passed.
Integrating the Shadow: Chapter 12 – Reclaiming Sexuality and Self from the Definitions of Shadow
October 5, 2023 @ 10:30 am - October 12, 2023 @ 11:55 am PDTCost: $70.00
About the Event
The delight of the SEXUALITY circuit is that it carries us from childhood into our full individuation, maturity and authenticity. No matter the level of our sexual interest or activity, this circuit is important for well-being and growth. There are many shadow entanglements that stop us from becoming who we really are, and many of them are connected with our sexuality and our emergence. The contracts that diminish this circuit diminish our life energy and our sense of potential contribution. We will work with these contracts in these two classes and practice supportive resonance skills to help with both personal issues and internalized oppression from the way that society judges and ranks bodies in terms of mattering.
Many people live without ever knowing that they have a shadow, let alone knowing that we can bring compassion, understanding, support and a radical self-love to the part of ourselves that is responsible for our contempt, bitterness, envy, pettiness, jealousy, implicit bias and arrogance. When we do bring this compassion to ourselves, our lives and hearts soften, we create connections across differences, we become more aware of how much we love the people in our lives, and we begin to enjoy the moment.
Join Sarah for two weeks, on October 5 and October 12, 2023 10:30am-12:00pm Pacific Time. Part of an extended journey into integrating the shadow and contracts, diving deep into chapter 12 of Your Resonant Self Workbook.
- This class meets via zoom
- Purchase includes an invitation to two live classes, and event access to download the recording and any materials.
- Part of a twelve-month journey Integrating the Shadow: A Journey to Meet the Unconscious
- We are delighted to offer 3 CEU hours for psychologists and social workers for this 2-part series ($15 additional fee).
Join Sarah for this two-week deep dive into chapter 12 of Your Resonant Self Workbook, part of a year-long extended journey into Your Resonant Self Workbook, Integrating the Shadow
These sessions meet October 5 and October 12, 2023 from 10:30am – 12:00pm Pacific Time
convert to your time zone here
Online via Zoom. Sessions will be recorded for viewing in different time zones and for review, and for sale after the series is over.
Each class will include lectures, Q&A, discussion of exercises, demos, and personal explorations of the abilities and growth that make our brains good and comfortable places to be.
Purchase of this class does not include the purchase of the Your Resonant Self Workbook. Please purchase the book separately.
We are delighted to offer 3 CEU hours for psychologists and social workers for this 2-part series ($15 additional fee).
- Your tuition payment is non-refundable and transferable.
- These sessions are recorded for those in all timezones.
- This work is not therapy and is not a substitute for therapy. If you have a sense that you would be destabilized by yourself or others speaking about difficult events, then this course may not be for you.
- While we hope that the processes and information that we share can be of use in your journey, we do not have the resources to support extreme psychological difficulties.
- These events are part of a twelve-month journey Integrating the Shadow: A Journey to Meet the Unconscious.
How to Register
Sarah Peyton, Certified Trainer of Nonviolent Communication and neuroscience educator, integrates brain science and the use of resonant language to heal personal and collective trauma with exquisite gentleness.
Sarah is a sought-after expert who brings neuroscience expertise together with depth work, self-compassion, and the transformative potential of language. She works with audiences internationally to create a compassionate understanding of the effects of relational trauma on the brain, and teaches people how words change and heal us.
Sarah teaches and lectures internationally and is the author of four books on relational neuroscience and self-compassion: Your Resonant Self: Guided Meditations and Exercises to Engage Your Brain’s Capacity for Healing, the companion Your Resonant Self Workbook: From Self-sabotage to Self-care, and Affirmations for Turbulent Times: Resonant Words to Soothe Body and Mind, and The Antiracist Heart: A Self-Compassion and Activism Handbook, co-authored alongside Roxy Manning, PhD.