Clear Your Circuits: Write from Your Heart
Explore and create within a resonant and welcoming space that honors the uniqueness of your truth and your voice
Meeting 7 times from May 31 through July 26, 2023
Do you long to discover your authentic expression and your truth? To have creative flow and a sense of welcome for what lies dormant and yet to be born from your heart and mind?
Does your writing or creative expression sometimes have less energy and juice than you would like it to? When each of your Circuits of Emotion and Motivation is clear and flowing, they provide you with the fuel and self-knowledge needed to make your writing clear and powerful. Join Sarah Peyton to explore the circuits, what blocks them, how to clear the blocks, and how to enjoy your own emotional strength.
Experience what’s possible when you explore and create within a resonant and welcoming space that honors the uniqueness of your truth and your voice in this 7-session series dedicated to creative writing and exploration.
This 7-Session Series Runs From May 31 – July 26, 2023
We will meet online from 8:00-9:20 AM PDT | 11:00 AM EDT | 4:00 PM BST (convert to your time zone here) for a total of seven 80-minute sessions.
- May 31: Intro to the Circuits: SEEKING as the Foundation
- June 14: Alarmed aloneness and Self-warmth: CARE and PANIC/GRIEF
- June 21: Being afraid to write: clearing FEAR
- June 28: Harnessing life energy: reclaiming RAGE
- July 12: Stopping violation: working with DISGUST
- July 19: Celebrating the self: SEXUALITY/EMERGENCE
- July 26: Writing with Joy: Inviting PLAY
(no class on June 7 or July 5)
In each 80-minute session, we will:
- Begin with a free writing period
- Explore a relational neuroscience concept connected to the 8 circuits of emotion and motivation and how they impact the ability to express and tell our truth.
- Offer a resonance exercise or demonstration to support the movement toward free expression
- Continue with a second free writing period
- and create space for sharing and resonant responses to each other’s work
Join Sarah Peyton in a space that creates room for the flow from thought into expression, support and resonant feedback, all in service of your creativity and more fluid expression.
The classes will be recorded for participants in many time zones.
Who is This Course For?
All welcome. Students, from beginners to advanced. This space is particularly for writers, explorers and creatives looking for a resonant space in which to support their written expression.
This Course Includes Resonant Support
Get assistant support during classes – experience resonant support from experienced practitioners when you need it during class times. Often, this work can have unexpected depth and touch on deeply held subconscious awareness and pain. Getting support when we need it most helps participants to integrate, regulate, and have a felt experience of the transformative power of resonance. Here’s what a previous participant shared about having assistant support available during courses:
“Thank you so much for offering 1:1 support with a resonance assistant as part of the course. This opportunity has gone a long way to provide me with a personalized felt sense of the impact of this process when working with a trained and skilled person to a greater depth than I had experienced on my own. Such a gift.”
- This course is set up so that participants can contribute what they can.
- Please choose a variation that considers your financial resources as well as the contribution you would like to offer Sarah and her team.
- The standard tuition for this course is $300. If you choose to pay more, your contribution will go toward supporting those with fewer resources to attend.
Have questions? write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
$150.00 – $440.00
- Your tuition payment is non-refundable and transferable.
- This course will be recorded for those who want to learn asynchronously for some or all sessions.
- This work is not therapy and is not a substitute for therapy. If you have a sense that you would be destabilized by yourself or others speaking about difficult events, then this course may not be for you. While we hope that the processes and information that we share can be of use in your journey, we do not have the resources to support extreme psychological difficulties.
We are delighted to offer 9.5 CEU hours for psychologists and social workers for this course ($30 additional fee). Chicago Counseling Associates has been approved by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation to sponsor continuing education for social workers and psychologists. CCA maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Live attendance is required to receive CEUs.
Sarah Peyton, Certified Trainer of Nonviolent Communication and neuroscience educator, integrates brain science and the use of resonant language to heal personal and collective trauma with exquisite gentleness.
Sarah is a sought-after expert who brings neuroscience expertise together with depth work, self-compassion, and the transformative potential of language. She works with audiences internationally to create a compassionate understanding of the effects of relational trauma on the brain, and teaches people how words change and heal us.
Sarah teaches and lectures internationally and is the author of three books: Your Resonant Self: Guided Meditations and Exercises to Engage Your Brain’s Capacity for Healing, the companion Your Resonant Self Workbook: From Self-sabotage to Self-care, and Affirmations for Turbulent Times: Resonant Words to Soothe Body and Mind.