In honor of the May 25 publication of Sarah’s new book, the book on contracts, which is called the Your Resonant Self Workbook, there will be an 9-week book club series starting June 17 at 10am Pacific time. Even if you can’t join us live or join after we begin, you can easily catch up with the provided recordings!
When we experience traumatic events, our brains go into a kind of lockdown, taking everything connected with that experience and freezing it into a trauma system. This system includes all our perceptions and our thoughts, including the meaning we make from the trauma (usually that we are at fault and that people are not to be trusted) and any promises we make to ourselves.
What do we do when we realize that the meaning we have made and the promises we have made ourselves are not actually helping us, but are harming us? In these 55 minute sessions, we will look at the different kinds of unconscious contracts and work as a group and in breakouts to begin to name, disentangle and release the spiderwebs of unknown agreements we have with ourselves which keep us from being with the world as it is.
- Journey through the brain’s networks and systems
- Explore and enjoy the YRS Workbook in company
- Discover the links between brain systems and the kinds of contracts we make
- Learn to know themselves more fully and compassionately
- Delight in new freedom and access to joy
This class will be recorded and will be for sale after the book club series is over.
Thursdays, June 17-Aug 26, 10am-10:55am Pacific time (*except August 5th + 19th)
convert to your time zone here
- Week 1: June 17: Unconscious contracts, and resonance for trauma
In this session, we will introduce unconscious contract work and explore its intersection with time travel resonance.
- Week 2: June 24: Unconscious contracts that block self-love and secure attachment
This week we will look at the ways our contracts meet our needs for integrity and safety while keeping us away from the intimacy we are capable of.
- Week 3: July 1: How contract work heals shame
During this week’s session we will explore some of the most common contracts of shame, and approaches to dissolving them.
- Week 4: July 8: Soothing anxiety with contract work
In this session we will look at the foundations of anxiety and how contract releases can bring us more ease.
- Week 5: July 15: Releasing contracts that block anger
This week we will investigate the life serving power of anger, and discover how contract releases can give us access to more life energy.
- Week 6: July 22: Contracts that take us into blame and reactivity
We often say “I feel ignored,” or “I feel disrespected.” These words imply blame of others. What contracts create this
blame, and how can we use faux feelings as clues to contracts that can be released.
- Week 7: July 29: Releasing contracts that lead to depression
During this week’s session we will look at the contracts that keep us from engaging with life, and wonder together about what it would be like to let them go.
- Week 8: Aug. 12: Contracts of addiction
What is different about addiction? Why is it so hard to release our addictions, even when we release our contracts. It may be because addictions also have contracts with us. Explore this approach to new freedoms and more choice.
- Week 9: Aug. 26: Moving toward emergent sexuality and joy
In this final class we’ll look at a contract-based invitation to finding our true selves and expressing joy.
- Your tuition payment is non-refundable and transferable.
- This work is not therapy and is not a substitute for therapy. If you have a sense that you would be destabilized by others speaking about difficult events, it would be better not to register for this program.