The course will meet via zoom. Recordings will be made available to those who are registered for the live program.
8:00am-9:20am Pacific time on Wednesdays from May 31 through July 26, 2023. No class June 7 and July 5 (To convert to your time, please click here)
Who Is This Course For?
For writers, explorers and creatives looking for a resonant space in which to support their written expression.
What to Expect?
Join Sarah Peyton in a space that creates room for the flow from thought into expression, support and resonant feedback, all in service of your creativity and more fluid expression.
In each 80-minute class, we will:
- Begin with a free writing period
- Explore a relational neuroscience concept connected to the 8 circuits of emotion and motivation and how they impact the ability to express and tell our truth.
- Offer a resonance exercise or demonstration to support the movement toward free expression
- Continue with a second free writing period
- and create space for sharing and resonant responses to each other’s work
Each week, Sarah will teach about the connection between the different circuits of emotion and motivation and how they impact free expression and provide prompts to support your creativity in being fueled and free-flowing. Explore the circuits, what blocks them, how to clear the blocks, and how to enjoy your own emotional strength.
- May 31: Intro to the Circuits: SEEKING as the Foundation
- June 14: Alarmed aloneness and Self-warmth: CARE and PANIC/GRIEF
- June 21: Being afraid to write: clearing FEAR
- June 28: Harnessing life energy: reclaiming RAGE
- July 12: Stopping violation: working with DISGUST
- July 19: Celebrating the self: SEXUALITY/EMERGENCE
- July 26: Writing with Joy: Inviting PLAY
The classes will be recorded for participants in many time zones
This Course Includes Resonant Support
Get assistant support during classes – experience resonant support from experienced practitioners when you need it during class times. Often, this work can have unexpected depth and touch on deeply held subconscious awareness and pain. Getting support when we need it most helps participants to integrate, regulate, and have a felt experience of the transformative power of resonance.
Here’s what a previous participant shared about having assistant support available during courses: “Thank you so much for offering the in-class 1:1 support with a resonance assistant as part of the course. This opportunity has gone a long way to provide me with a personalized felt sense of the impact of this process when working with a trained and skilled person to a greater depth than I had experienced on my own. Such a gift.” ~ Dorothy
- This course is set up so that participants can contribute what they can.
- Please choose a variation that considers your financial resources as well as the contribution you would like to offer Sarah and her team.
- The standard tuition for this course is $300. If you choose to pay more, your contribution will go toward supporting those with fewer resources to attend.
We are delighted to offer 9.5 CEU hours for psychologists and social workers for this course ($30 additional fee). Chicago Counseling Associates has been approved by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation to sponsor continuing education for social workers and psychologists. CCA maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Live attendance is required to receive CEUs.
- Your tuition payment is non-refundable and transferable.
- This course will be recorded for those who want to learn asynchronously for some or all sessions.
- This work is not therapy and is not a substitute for therapy. If you have a sense that you would be destabilized by yourself or others speaking about difficult events, then this course may not be for you. While we hope that the processes and information that we share can be of use in your journey, we do not have the resources to support extreme psychological difficulties.